Christmas Meghalaya Tour
INR29500 Booking Amount : INR5000per person
This 5D/4N tour takes you through Meghalaya, “the abode of clouds” & Assam. This green state is home to subtropical & mountain forests. The forests are notable for their biodiversity of mammals, birds, and plants.
Visit the most welcoming & sought after locations in Meghalaya and celebrate Christmas in luxury.
Revel in nature’s lap while living by the Umium Lake in Shillong at the Ri Kynjai – Serenity By The Lake.
Explore the diversity of local wonders, from “God’s own garden” Mawlynnong which has been acclaimed as the Cleanest Village in Asia and thriving on Eco-Tourism, to Cherrapunjee the wettest place on the planet, while spending the night at the Polo Orchid Resort, Cherrapunjee.
People interested in architecture and spirituality will also be enthused about a visit to the famous Kamakhya Temple on the return journey and enjoy a luxurious dinner cruise on the Bramhaputra river.
Arrangements at Premium Hotel Stays to make your Christmas week extra special:
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable cottons.
IncludeBreakfastCost Is Per Person On A Twin Sharing BasisTransfersStandard Hotel Rooms
Available at an additional costTour GuideHotel Room Upgrades to Deluxe, Premium and Elite OptionsCar UpgradesEntry Fees To Locations
Day 01: Guwahati - Umium Lake, Shillonh (110 kms, 3 hrs approx.)
- Arrive at Guwahati airport/railway station and drive through the pine-covered hills of Shillong to visit the Umium Lake. Shillong, the Scotland of the East still reflects the legacy of the British empire in the architecture and food habits of the population.
- Overnight at Ri Kynjai – Serenity By The Lake, Umium.
Day 02: Umium – Mwallynnong & Dawki – Cherrapunjee
- After breakfast drive from to Mawllynnong Village & Dawki (Indo-Bangladesh Border).
- Mawlynnong Village located in the East Khasi Hills of Meghalaya is referred as ‘God’s own garden’ has won the acclaim of being the cleanest village in Asia in 2003. The village known for its cleanliness is located around 90 km from Shillong and is a community-based eco-tourism initiative. The community has made collective effort to maintain the ambience of a clean village. The village offers picturesque natural wonders like:
- Natural balancing boulder on another rock
- The living root bridge in the neighbouring village Riwai.
- Later visit the Dawki border, where one can enjoy a boat ride at Umngot river/known for its crystal clear water (at an additional cost).
- Later, drive to Cherrapunjee, one of the wettest places on the planet. It is also the popular as the land of oranges and offers stunning views of the Bangladesh plains
- Overnight at Polo Orchid Resort, Cherrapunjee.
Day 03: Cherrapunjee Sightseeing
- Breakfast at the hotel and proceed for sightseeing in and around Cherrapunjee visiting
- Seven Sister Falls
- Nahkhalikai Falls
- Mwasmai Cave
- Koh Ram Hoh
Day 04: Cherrapunjee – Guwahati (160 kms, 5 hrs approx.)
- After breakfast drive from Cherrapunjee to Guwahati.
- A visit to the Kamakhya Temple, a structure raising the attention of both architecture & culture alike.
- Enjoy a Dinner Cruise on the Brahmaputra River in the evening before heading to the hotel.
- Overnight at Radisson Blu, Guwahati.