This tour takes you on a mystical tour of the happy place called Bhutan. Your journey takes you through many sites in Thimpu & Paro, ranging from wildlife reserves, exquisite architectural sites to panoramic views of the mountains and valleys.
The tour starts from Thimpu and covers Dochu La, Chele La, and Paro.
The journey starts with sightseeing in the capital Thimpu covering Memorial Chorten, Kuensel Phodrang and Takin Reserve among many other locations.
Enjoy stunning views of the Eastern Himalayas as you drive into Dochu La. Lounge at the Druk Wangyel Café and be enthralled at the majestic backdrop of mountains and snow capped peaks in winter.
The Paro valley is adorned with monasteries and museums. Visit the Kyichu Lakhang and Rimpung Dzong or Paro Dzong Monasteries, and the National Museum of Bhutan.
Drive to Chele La pass in Bhutan which offers a breathtaking view of the second highest peak of Bhutan, Mt. Jhomolhari (23,996 ft.)
Best Time to Visit: September to June
Dress CodeLight Woollens
IncludeBreakfastCost Is Per Person On A Twin Sharing BasisTransfersStandard Hotel Rooms
Not IncludedTour GuideHotel Room Upgrades to Deluxe, Premium and Elite OptionsCar UpgradesEntry Fees To Locations
Day 1: Paro Airport to Thimphu (65 KM – 1.30 hrs drive)
- Memorial Chorten – Built in 1974 to honour the 3rd King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck (1928–1972), the monument is a prominent landmark in the city with its golden spires and bells.
- Kuensel Phodrang – World’s Largest Sitting Buddha Statue.
- Takin Reserve - A wildlife reserve area for Takin, the national animal of Bhutan.
- BBS Tower – Provides a vantage point view of the Thimphu Valley.
- Royal Textile Academy of Bhutan – A National Centre for professional training in weaving design and production of Bhutanese Textile.
Day 2: Thimphu – Dochu La – Thimphu (30 KM, 1 hour driving)
Day 3: Thimphu – Paro (65 KM, 1.50 hrs driving)
- Kyichu Lakhang – Famous Monastery in Paro
- Ta Dzong – National Museum of Bhutan
- Rimpung Dzong or Paro Dzong – Buddhist Monastery
- Fortress Tiger’s Nest View Point
Day 4 Paro – Chele La - Paro (45 KM, 1 hr driving)
Optional: Taktsang Monastery – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is a 2 - 3km trek. Ponies are also available on hire.
Day 5: Departures
Entry Permit formalities (visa is not required for Indian Nationals)
Travel Documents Required
- Adults - Valid Indian Passport or Voters ID card (anyone)
- Students - above 18 years of age Valid Indian Passport or Voters ID card (anyone)
- Child - below 18 years of age Valid Indian passport / birth certificate (anyone)
- Cost includes Standard package for 1 person. Also available in Deluxe, Premium and Elite travel options.
- The package can be customized to traveler’s preferences for car choices, comfort options and more.
- Fill the form for more details and our agent will contact you.
- Please do not carry tobacco goods that are over the limits. For more information please click here. You may bring 200 cigarettes, on payment of import duty of 200%