INR26100 Booking Amount : INR5000per person
Odisha has been rightly regarded as a land of myriad marvels. The dynamic topography and vegetation of Odisha together is the home to some of the most stunning destinations. It is a visual feast for the inquisitive visitors which gives a deeply rooted cultural insight into one of the oldest civilizations of the world.
Orissa is a confluence of architectural & natural wonders like temples, sanctuaries, beaches, waterfalls, hot springs, lakes, and wildlife. Numerous festivals that can take on a “ Juggernaut” – like momentum. Cradled between the sunlit water of the Bay of Bengal and the heavily forested Eastern Ghats, Odisha’s beauty has no end. Buddhism, Jainism and Hinduism have flourished in this land with equal ease, which pays homage to its ancient deities through the extravagant & religious architectural wonders in the Golden Triangle of Bhubaneswar-Puri-Konark. where tourists can get an experience of the mysteries of the ancient tantric temples and yogini shrines. The glorious beaches beckon visitors with their tranquillity and turbulent waters while cavorting dolphins playfully trend the channel waters of Chilika Lake.
Odisha’s art and crafts offer visitors an indelible experience of its cultural heritage, brilliantly manifested in its itkat silk, pata paintings, silver filigree and stone carvings. The artists’ villages at Pipili and Raghurajpur bring alive old traditions into a colourful and flamboyantly rich fusion.
Best Time to Visit: November to May
Dress CodeCasual. Light woolens between November & February
IncludeBreakfastCost Is Per Person On A Twin Sharing BasisTransfersStandard Hotel Rooms
Available at an additional costTour GuideHotel Room Upgrades to Deluxe, Premium and Elite OptionsCar UpgradesEntry Fees To Locations
Day 01: Bhubaneswar - Puri (68 kms, 1.5 hrs approx.)
- En-route visit Konark Sun temple which is a UNESCO world heritage site. Konark sun temple is in shape of a gigantic chariot, having elaborately carved stone wheels, pillars and walls and is dedicated to the Sun God. The wheels of the temple are sundials which can be used to calculate time accurately to a minute.
- Check-in at the hotel on arrival in Puri.
- In the evening visit the Jagannath Temple. The temple is one of the four great ‘Char Dham’ pilgrimage sites. It has 4 entrances in all directions. The temple is famous for its annual Rath Yatra, or chariot festival.
Day 02: Puri – Chilika – Puri
Day 03: Puri – Bhubaneswar
- On the way to Bhubaneswar, visit the Dhauli Shanti Stupa which is also known as Peace Pagoda. Dhauli hills are located on the banks of the river Daya. It is the summit of this hill, where the Kalinga war was presumed to be fought after which Emperor Ashoka laid down the weapons and accepted Ahimsa in the form of Buddhism.
- After relaxing at the hotel, visit the caves of Udaigiri and Khandagiri. The caves are situated on two adjacent hills. They are partly natural and partly artificial.
- In the evening visit Lingraj Temple. The temple is dedicated to Lord Harihara, a form of Shiva and Vishnu. It is one of the oldest temples in Bhubaneshwar.
Day 04: Bhubaneswar – Gopalpur
- Today you will drive to Gopalpur in the morning. Enroute visit the southern sector of Chilika Lake. You can go for boating at Kalijai temple, dedicated to Goddess Kali, and Nalabana.
- You can also visit the Narayani temple, dedicated to ten armed goddess Narayani. It is supposed to have existed before 12th Century AD. The temple is known for the scenic beauty of the surrounding countryside' including the Chilika Lake. On arrival at Gopalpur, check in at the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 05: Gopalpur
- On this day visit Taptapani hot spring. The natural spring is known for its medicinal properties. One can also explore the culture of local tribal community and the picturesque landscape.
- Later visit Chandragiri, famous for the largest Buddhist monastery in Eastern India. It is symbolic of Tibetan culture and is hence christened as the little Tibet of Odisha, Jirang.
Day 06: Departure from Bhubaneswar